What’s better than weed and waffles? How about weed waffles?
With a crispy exterior and a soft, fluffy interior, Belgian waffles are a universally loved breakfast food. Available to be enjoyed with a classic drizzle of Canadian maps syrup or a wide variety of garnishes and toppings such as berries, cream, and even ice cream, Belgium waffles are a breakfast food that you can truly make your own, even if you love to wake-and-bake!
Today, we’re going to show you how you can whip up this medicated recipe for weed waffles that’ll help make your morning (and the rest of the day) a-ok!
How to Make Weed Waffles – Infused Belgian Waffles
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ cups organic whole milk
- 2 whole egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon organic pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons salted butter (melted)
- 4 tablespoons cannabutter (melted)
- 4 whole egg whites
- Waffle iron
- Optional: weed oil to fry the waffles in for an extra medicated kick!
- Optional garnishes: pure maple syrup, butter, a dusting of powdered sugar, fruit, nuts, ice cream, chocolate syrup, etc.
- Preheat your waffle iron to the regular/standard setting.
- Next, in a medium-size bowl, sift together 2 cups of flour, 3 teaspoons of baking powder, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ cup of sugar.
- After, grab a clean, larger bowl and add 1½ cups organic milk, 2 egg yolks, and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Then, whisk the wet ingredients together until they are well combined.
- Next, in a small saucepan, combine your 4 tablespoons of salted butter and 4 tablespoons of cannabis-infused butter. Turn the stove-top on low and melt the two butters together.
- Once the two butters are melted and combined, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- After, slowly add the dry goods into the large bowl containing the wet ingredients – combine the dry with the wet in small amounts, stirring after each batch until well combined.
- Next, pour the melted cannabutter and regular butter duo into the batter. Mix the waffle batter well once more to thoroughly combine.
- In a new medium-size bowl, beat the egg whites with a whisk or electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Once peaks have formed, slowly fold the whipped egg whites into the waffle batter and mix until the batter is just barely combined.
- (OPTIONAL) Wipe or spray the surface of your waffle iron with a few spritz of infused olive oil for an even more medicated kick!
- Scoop the batter into your waffle pan in small batches, and shut the waffle iron.
- Cook the waffles until they are a deep golden-brown, and somewhat crispy on the outside!
- Remove the waffle from the waffle iron, and serve immediately with your choice of garnishes.